1. IntroductionEscape Velocity ("ATPLOnline", "ATPLOnlineStore.global", "Discussions.ATPLOnline.global" "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word "you" includes website visitors, ATPLOnline registered users and purchasers of ATPLOnline products and services. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about:
1. What personal information about you is collected by ATPLOnline.
2. How the information is used.
3. With whom the information may be shared.
4. How you can access and change any personal information ATPLOnline holds about you.
5. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by ATPLOnline.
6. How to contact ATPLOnline.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
a) when visiting the ATPLOnline website
b) when using ATPLOnline's on-line services
c) when entering into an agreement with ATPLOnline and/or another third party
d) when you correspond, or communicate with ATPLOnline over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by ATPLOnline may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
2. What types of information do we collect?ATPLOnline gathers two types of information about you, namely:
a) aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
b) personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, your current pilot license status, where you heard about us, what other courses you may be interested in and in some cases, your billing details.
The type of information that ATPLOnline collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products and services you are interested in purchasing through ATPLOnline. Generally, ATPLOnline does not collect 'sensitive information' about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences. ATPLOnline will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, ATPLOnline will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
ATPLOnline also collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visits to specific areas of our website and the domain names of our website visitors' internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services. Like other website operators, ATPLOnline uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse the internet usage across our websites. We use Google Analytics services to collect the following types of information:
a)the number of page views that occur on our website;
b)the number of unique browsers to our websites;
c)how long these unique browsers (on average) spend on our websites when they do visit; and
d)common entry and exit points of our websites.
Your Internet Provider ("IP") address
ATPLOnline's web servers provide us with your IP address. This assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services.
Cookies and Applets
ATPLOnline uses 'cookies' and 'applets' in its website systems. These enable you to use services such as free demonstrations of our training courses. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer's web browser however this will restrict access to some web pages and services within the ATPLOnline website.
3. How we collect informationATPLOnline may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our on-line services, when you register as a ATPLOnline Registered User, when you enter into a contract with ATPLOnline and, when you deal with ATPLOnline over the telephone or correspond with ATPLOnline via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
4. How we use your personal informationATPLOnline may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
a) to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
b) to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and ATPLOnline and/or third parties
c) to identify the number of people using ATPLOnline’s website services and establish the nature of their interests
d) to facilitate ATPLOnline registration
e) to conduct ATPLOnline marketing activities
f) to provide you with information about ATPLOnline and its services and products
g) to provide access to our related sites, including ATPLOnlineStore.global and Discussions.ATPLOnline.global
5. Disclosure of personal information to third partiesATPLOnline may also disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems. Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, ATPLOnline takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. Other than as outlined above, ATPLOnline will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
6. Access to and correction of information we hold about youUpon your request, ATPLOnline will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act 1993. If we deny such access, we will tell you why. ATPLOnline may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information. To request access to your personal information, please contact ATPLOnline using one of the contact options provided in paragraph 12 of this Privacy Statement. If you are a ATPLOnline Registered User, you can access your registered profile at any time.
7. Keeping information up-to-dateATPLOnline strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up-to-date, or you wish for your details to be removed from the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
8. Storage and security of your personal informationATPLOnline takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. ATPLOnline regularly reviews and implements new security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst ATPLOnline strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use of the ATPLOnline website is at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Links to other websitesThe ATPLOnline website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by ATPLOnline of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
10. Destruction of your personal informationATPLOnline will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
11. Changes to ATPLOnline's Privacy StatementFrom time to time, ATPLOnline may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information. Your continued use of the ATPLOnline website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time. For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.org.nz.
12. Feedback and questions about privacy and the ATPLOnline websiteATPLOnline welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the ATPLOnline website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the ATPLOnline website or your dealings with ATPLOnline, you can contact us in the following ways:
Escape Velocity Ltd
PO Box 97606